ECPHG main objectives
• Translational research on the integration of genome-based knowledge and technologies into public health research, policy and practice (PHG) through national, European and international activities;
• Systematic horizon scanning, monitoring and surveillance of challenges and tasks of PHG by applying methods such as HNA (Health Needs Assessment), HTA (Health Technology Assessment), HIA (Health Impact Assessment) and PIA (Policy Impact Assessment);
• Improvement of health care on the national, European and international level by establishing a knowledge base for evidence-based policy-making;
• Interdisciplinary and inter-institutional research and training;
• Holding meetings open to the scientific community, policy-makers, relevant stakeholders and the general public.